A Dry Ice Blasting Contracting Solution
The CryoGen team provides a complete asset cleaning contracting solution, either at their dedicated technology centre or the client’s own site.
Dry Ice Blasting - Effective and Efficient
Dry ice cleaning uses solid CO2, a non-abrasive media that won’t damage surfaces or equipment. The super cooled dry ice pellets or particles are accelerated at supersonic speeds and sublimate on impact, resulting in the surface being cleaned, lifting dirt and contaminants off the underlying substrate.
CryoGen’s customers tackle a multitude of cleaning applications. The time efficiency and cleaning effectiveness of dry ice cleaning enables them to grow their business and increase profit across these areas:
- Food Production
- Weld Lines
- Utilities/Power Generation
- Facilities Maintenance
- Disaster Remediation
- Historical Restoration
Whether you’re looking to remove corrosion, oil or other hard-to-shift materials, dry ice can treat the issue without affecting the base material. With no secondary blast material to clean up - the use of dry ice also drastically decreases the post-clean demobilisation time.
Since dry ice cleaning is non-abrasive and non-conductive, it’s safe for use on most surfaces and won’t damage your equipment. In fact, the ability to thoroughly clean your machinery on a regular basis, at a low cost and with minimal downtime, will vastly increase the longevity of your assets and is an important part of a proactive asset management strategy.
Dry Ice Blasting - Benefits Overview
- Reduce cleaning time (up to 80%)
- Clean in-place, no cool down or disassembly
- Eliminate media entrapment
- No secondary waste
- Increased operator safety
CryoGen Cold Jet Technology vs traditional cleaning methods
*Secondary waste that has been contaminated during the cleaning process is often classified as toxic waste and requires appropriate safe disposal.
Dry Ice blasting is more environmentally friendly than alternatives. It does not release harmful gasses into the atmosphere, and as the CO2 being used is a by-product of other petrochemical processes, gas that would otherwise be left to go directly to atmosphere, is not only being put to good use, it is also getting considerably delayed before being released into the atmosphere.
How it Works
The reason why dry ice blasting is both versitile and effective, is down to the way it works. To explain this, we use the three letter acronym - ICE. ICE stands for Impact Cold Expansion. We can describe each of these in turn to provide a good understanding of the process:
- IMPACT: The pellets of dry ice are accelerated using compressed air to high velocities onto the surface material. The resulting impact fractures the top layer of contaminant.
- COLD: The ice chills the contaminant resulting in a decrease of its adherence to the base material.
- EXPANSION: On impact, the dry ice pellets sublimate into a gas. This sublimation process, where the solid dry ice turns directly into a gas 700 times its initial solid volume, causes an explosive compression that forces off the contaminant from the substrate.
The combination of ICE means that in the majority of cleaning applications, dry ice stands head and shoulders above other blast cleaning methods. With zero clean up time wasted on secondary waste, the solution provides significant time and cost savings. A real industry favourate.
CryoGen & ColdJet - The Perfect Partnership
The long-standing relationship between CryoGen and market leading dry ice technology provider ColdJet strengthens our provision, which includes a complete solution from trials through to training. Our comprehensive offering includes the following:
- In-house Testing & Trials
- In-house Cleaning Projects
- On-site Contracting Service (using our own technicians)
- Dry Ice Blasting Equipment Hire & Purchase
- Dry Ice Blasting Training
- Dry Ice Pellets Supply (needed for blasting)
- Dry Ice Pellet Manufacturing Systems
To find out how we can solve your deep cleaning needs with minimal mess and disruption please contact us.